As a tribute to Valentine’s Day, it seems appropriate to honor the hard working heart and give it some attention. After all, if our hearts decided to take a day off, or even a few minutes, we wouldn’t have a very good day. Proper heart function requires adequate levels of neurotransmitters (so the brain and heart can communicate efficiently) and essential nutrients including Calcium, Taurine, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin D, and Vitamin B-6. In addition to minerals and vitamins, essential oils can offer gentle support for balancing the body without adverse side effects. They have been demonstrated to clear receptors in the body, rid toxins and improve circulation which are all valuable to heart function.
Of course, essential oils are not intended to replace your prescribed medications. Any heart-related health concerns that you have should be discussed with your doctor.
Here’s a bit of information about the heart benefits of certain essential oils. Please make sure you use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade (CPTG) oils so you can safely use them topically, aromatically and internally.
Peppermint – This invigorating essential oil increases circulation
Marjoram – Helps smooth muscle tissue
Cypress – Eases spasms
Helichrysum – Improves circulation and reduces blood viscosity
Ylang Ylang – Traditionally used to balance heart function
The following healthy habits should be considered for general heart health:
– Combine 3 drops of each essential oil: Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram and Ylang Ylang in a veggie cap and take once daily.
– Drink 3-4 quarts of lemon water each day (3-4 drops of lemon oil per quart).
– Rub grapefruit essential oil over liver (right to mid-abdomen, under lungs)
– Because periodontal health is linked to heart health, it can be very helpful to improve oral health through such things as oil pulling. Alternate with a drop or two of lemon and oregano oils added to a teaspoon of Organic Coconut Oil and swish through your mouth, pulling through your teeth, twice daily for 10-20 minutes.
To Reduce Inflammation
– White Fir and Birch are only needed for a short time to demonstrate benefits.
For Antibiotic Protection
– Oregano and OnGuard can be used individually or together, topically or in a capsule, and are often beneficial when alternated every other week.
If you would like to learn about suggested essential oils for specific heart-related issues, we’re happy to share. Just comment below or contact us.